Friday, February 6, 2009

Virtual Shoveling

Workout 6 February 2009:

Time for 30-25-20-15-10-5 reps of:
Virtual Shoveling*, 30lbs
Push-ups

*Load 30lb on one end of a standard Olympic barbell then hold like a shovel. Touch the weighted end on each side of a 24 inch barrier to count as one rep. Switch hands as needed. Video Demo

Results: 17'45
Previous Best: 16'10 with 25lb on bar (12 Oct 08)

This is a killer workout for your back and arms. I was a bit disappointed with my time since despite adding more weight to the bar, I hoped to finish faster. I underestimated just how much more difficult adding 5lbs would be to the shoveling. My back fatigued quickly and I had to break up the shoveling reps more than I hoped. If you want to get some crazy looks from people at the gym, definitely give this one a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment