Saturday, November 6, 2010

DT

Workout 6 November 2010:

"DT"
Five rounds for time of:
115lb Deadlift, 12 reps
115lb Hang power clean, 9 reps
115lb Push jerk, 6 reps

Results: 13'25
Previous best: 12'57 (95lbs, 20 Aug 10)

Today's workout was at CrossFit Confluence. A normal "DT" is done with 155lbs but I scaled it to 115lbs which is 20lbs heavier than the last time I did this workout over a year ago. Despite the 20% increase in weight, my time was only 30 seconds slower. For the first three rounds, I was able to do all reps without breaking into sets, though I did put the bar down between each exercise. By the fourth and fifth round, I had to break up the push jerks into two sets of four and two but was still able to do all the deads and cleans straight through.

This workout is in honor of USAF SSgt Timothy P. Davis, 28, who was killed on February, 20 2009 supporting operations in OEF when his vehicle was struck by an IED.

No comments:

Post a Comment