Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hopper

Workout 12 January 2010:

Three rounds for time of:
10 Towel Pull-ups
21 Ring dips
50 Squats

Results: 19'45
Previous best: none

This was a challenging workout that smoked my upper body, especially my grip. Towel pull-ups require a lot more forearm and grip strength than any standard grip pull-up. I had to break the pull-ups into sets of 2-5 or risk losing my grip. The ring dips went reasonably well and I broke them up into sets of 5-10. I was able to do the full 50 squats unbroken each round.

Ideally, this workout is done with rope climbs instead of the towel pull-ups, but I don't have a tall climbing rope available. If you can't do rope climbs or towel pull-ups, do 10-20 non-kipping pull-ups, or as you are able, per round instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment