Monday, January 11, 2010

Diane

Workout 11 January 2010:

"Diane"
Time for 21-15-9 rep-rounds of:
Deadlift, 185lbs
Handstand Push-Ups

Results: 15'17
Previous best: 14'06 (200lb DL, 26 May 08)

I haven't done this workout in almost eight months due to the high rep deadlifts. I was actually anticipating a time closer to 20 minutes thinking the handstand push-ups would significantly slow me down and I purposely did not go all out with the deadlifts. I did not feel very strong doing them and had to break them up into sets of 3-5 reps, but I think I made up some time by keeping my rest periods relatively short. I should be able to go up on the deadlift weight next time I attempt this workout.

If you can't do handstand push-ups, substitute an equal number of reps of a relatively heavy shoulder press.

No comments:

Post a Comment