Saturday, December 19, 2009

Row, Core

Workout 19 December 2009:

For time:
Row 1000 meters
Then, three rounds, 21-15-9 reps of:
GHD Sit-ups
Back Extensions

Results: 12'30
Previous best: none

New workout today. Since yesterday was a max-effort strength day, I went for a pure metcon workout today. I didn't have any goal time but think that 12 minutes is reasonable. I did the row in just under 4 minutes which is a great time for me especially since it's been awhile since I've been on the machine. The rest of the workout went reasonably well- the GHD sit-ups were what slowed me down the most. I had to break those up into 6-10 rep sets.

If you're new to GHD sit-ups, scale back a bit since they have a tendency to make your abs very sore. Cut them down by about 1/3-1/2. If you're able, make up the difference with regular sit-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment