Thursday, December 3, 2009

Muay Thai and Squats

Workout 3 December 2009:

Warm up: 10 minutes shadow boxing and Muay Thai sparring

Back Squat, five sets of five reps

Results: squat 185lbs
Previous best: 5x5 210lbs (27 Feb 09)

I started out with a moderate-intensity round of shadow boxing then moved into five straight minutes of full-intensity sparring. By the end of those five minutes, the room was spinning and I had no breath left. Good stuff!

I then did a 5x5 of back squats knowing I wouldn't be able to put up much weight. Yesterday's almost 100 snatches and today's sparring made for a good case of the jiggly-legs. Since I was going lighter, I made sure to go full depth.

If you're not into any type of martial art, warm up today with a set of Tabata sprints (20 seconds sprint, 10 seconds rest, repeat for 8 rounds).

No comments:

Post a Comment