Thursday, December 24, 2009

Elizabeth

Workout 24 December 2009:

"Elizabeth"
Time for 21-15-9 reps of:
Clean 95lbs
Ring dips

Results: 16'50
Previous best: 18'10, clean 110lbs (28 Feb 09)

I've avoided doing this workout a few times since February since it's what tipped the issues with my back over the edge when I caught a clean wrong near the end. I went into the workout a bit cautious today and scaled back the weight to something I knew I could safely do. As a whole, the workout went well and the time was comparable to my previous effort given the difference in weight. Next time I should be able to go up 5-10lbs safely. My goal is to do this workout as it is supposed to be done, with a 135lb clean, within the next year.

This is a very difficult workout given the high volume of cleans. Scale the weight or if you're just beginning with the movement, use a power clean, hang clean, or even a hang-power clean until you're more proficient. If you don't have rings, do twice the number of bar dips.

No comments:

Post a Comment