Sunday, December 6, 2009

Angie

Workout 6 December 2009:

"Angie"
For time:
100 Pull-ups then
100 Push-ups then
100 Sit-ups (Abmat) then
100 Squats

Results: 38'45
Previous best: 30'31 (Abmat, 15 May 09)
27'30 (no Abmat 24 Jan 09)

That was bad. It's been a long time since I've done high volume pull-ups and as a result, my arms and lats fatigued quickly. Grip became the biggest issue and about 50 pull-ups in, I could only hold onto the bar for sets of 5-6. This significantly slowed me down and also set me up for problems with the push-ups.

When muscles fatigue, they tend to stay partially contracted. As a result, I had to fight the tendency for my arms to stay flexed, meaning my triceps had to fight much harder to push against contracted biceps. This resulted in me only managing sets of 6-7 push-ups by 25 reps in.

The sit-ups went well and I made up a bit of time compared to my last attempt at Angie with the Abmat. The squats are what saved me from going over 40 minutes. I fired off all 100 in about two minutes.

Next time will go better.

No comments:

Post a Comment