Friday, June 5, 2009

Tyson's Corner

Workout 5 June 2009:

Rounds in 20 minutes of:
Five Bulgarian Pull-ups
Five kettlebell uppercuts, each arm
20 meter kettlebell waiter walk, alternating arms

Results: 12 rounds, 16kg kettlebell
Previous best: none

I'm down in DC visiting some friends and went to their CrossFit affiliate for a workout. Each of these moves was new to me but easy enough to pick up. The Bulgarian pull-up is essentially a wide ring body-row with your feel elevated. I'm not even going to explain the kettlebell uppercuts, leave me contact info in the comments if you want an explanation. The waiter walk is simply walking with the kettlebell in full extension overhead. Overall, this was an interesting workout and I'm happy with 12 rounds. I had to slow down a bit since some of the moves were bugging my back. I also used a lighter kettlebell that I could have for the same reason.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
"The rather inescapable conclusion is that the older men get, the more like older women we become, hormonally speaking."

No comments:

Post a Comment