Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Muay Thai and Weighted Chins

Workout 2 June 2009:

Muay Thai training and conditioning, 30 minutes

Weighted chin-ups, five sets of five reps

Results: 32.5lbs x 5
Previous best: 30lbs x 5 (19 May 09)

Today's Thai training was rough since I still have some full-body soreness after this weekend's workouts. Despite that, there was no taking it easy today. I did a lot with knees and leg kicks today which are cardio-killers.

The weighted chins went well. I probably could have gone up to a 35lb dumbbell, but I was pretty fatigued after training, so I decided to cut it back a little bit. I should easily be able to hit 35 next time.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
"Bill Starr was damned strong, primarily because he worked as hard as any human being ever has. He was not a genetic freak, but his balls were huge, and he applied himself to his training like few people have ever done."

No comments:

Post a Comment