Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Muay Thai

Workout 9 June 2009:

Muay Thai training and conditioning, 30 minutes

My quads are absolutely fried from yesterday's workout. That particular workout has made me sore before, but not like this. Unfortunately, it's a sign of the extent of my lower body deconditioning resulting from the ole back injury awhile back. Today's workout actually went very well cardiovascularly since the limiting factor was how much my legs would let me do, and not how much oxygen I could suck. I worked on power production during various punch combos and some punch-knee combos.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
"I like musicianship, and it's quite lacking in most modern popular music. You're always safe with old Chicago, the Allman Brothers, Gov't Mule, or Tower of Power."

No comments:

Post a Comment