Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Squats and Thai

Workout 3 June 2009:

Front Squat, five sets of three reps

Muay Thai training and conditioning, 60 minutes

Results: squats 155-155-155-155-155lbs
Previous best: 145-160-170-180-190 (12 Nov 08)

I'm getting comfortable with dialing up the weight for my squats as my back continues to improve. I'm still nowhere near the point of going "heavy" but the 155lbs felt pretty good, so I should be able to go up another 10lbs next time.

Muay Thai was intense yesterday. We worked on several basic punch drills as well as some body kicks. Even basic combos get very tiring when working high intensity for two minutes at a time. We also did some stair running drills. The class was supposed to do five laps, but since I'm working on improving my metabolic conditioning, I did six laps each time.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
"Never consciously squeeze your ass cheeks in the weight room. It's not a valuable biomechanical cue, and it might get misinterpreted by the guys on the next platform."

No comments:

Post a Comment