Monday, June 8, 2009

Sprint and Squats

Workout 8 June 2009:

Four rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
50 squats

Results: 14'55
Previous best: 13'56 (27 Nov 08)

Although I was about one minute slower than my previous best, I'm ok with today's results. I felt like I was able to run at a faster pace (runs were on a treadmill, 1% incline) with less recovery needed compared to last time. The squats were what hurt my time; I'm slower at them primarily as a result of hurting my back. Since I haven't been able to do heavy squats at nearly as high a weight as before, my overall squat capacity is reduced and it's harder to do as many without resting.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
"Bodybuilding is men on a stage in their underwear wearing brown paint showing other men their muscles. It is training for appearance only, and at the contest level requires a degree of vanity, narcissism, and self-absorption that I find distasteful and odd."

No comments:

Post a Comment