Monday, June 22, 2009

Barbara

Workout 22 June 2009:

Barbara (four rounds)
Four rounds, each for time of:
20 Pull-ups
30 Push-ups
40 Sit-ups
50 Squats
Rest three minutes between each round

Results: 5'30 / 7'00 / 7'05 / 8'15
Previous best: 5'06 / 5'29 / 6'39 / 6'07 (without AbMat, 21 Jan 08)

Today's workout did not go as well as I was hoping. I wasn't expecting to beat my previous best times, but I was hoping to keep my rounds in the high six-minute range. The squats were the only things that went well. It's been awhile since I've done any high volume pull-ups, and as a result, I had to break up the last two rounds into two sets. It's been a very long time since I've been unable to do 20 pull-ups in a row. I broke the push-ups into more sets than in the past too. The sit-ups were what destroyed my times the most. I did them on the AbMat which greatly increases the difficulty and other than the first round, had to break the 40 sit-ups into 5-7 sets. Cardio was never a problem during this workout, as it has been to a small degree in the past. The problem is relative deconditioning since I haven't lifted heavy in a few weeks.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
Rip: "You need to drink one gallon of full fat milk everyday. It's almost mandatory."

Somebody from audience: I'm lactose intolerant, could I substitute milk for yogurt?

Rip: "Gallon of yogurt!"

No comments:

Post a Comment