Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Shoulder Taps

Workout 2 February 2010:

For time:
100 Shoulder taps

Results: 8'44
Previous best: none

I needed a quick workout today and also wanted to try something new to work on shoulder strength. See this quick video on what shoulder taps look like. They are a great exercise for developing strength and stability in the shoulder and to assist with the development of the ability to walk on one's hands. Since this was the first time doing this skill, I really had no idea what kind of time to expect. The first 20 or so were the most difficult since I had to get used to the skill.

An easy way to scale this workout is to increase the distance of your hands from the wall to make it easier. Just remember to keep a straight back and not let it arch in.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to incorporate more of these into my training since they have the potential to create a lot of dynamic stability in the shoulder girdle. However, these are pretty hard on the wrists. Make sure you warm them up thoroughly and try to avoid doing these on a very hard surface. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete