Friday, February 5, 2010

Run-Sit-Push

Workout 5 February 2010:

Three rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
30 Sit-ups
20 Ring push-ups

Results: 15'46
Previous best: none

After a much-needed rest day (more for mental than physical reasons), I jumped back in with a solid met-con. The runs went reasonably well, though I can feel the extra weight I've (purposely) added over the last month or so, and my sit-ups continue to get faster. The weak link in this workout was the push-ups. Doing the push-ups on a pair of rings adds considerable difficulty to the movement and throws in an element of core stability. I had the rings approx 6-8 inches off the floor and made sure to do full range of motion. The sit-ups were done on an Abmat, and the runs were on a treadmill at 1% incline. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment