Monday, July 20, 2009

Three Compound

Workout 20 July 2009:

Rounds in 20 minutes of:
65lb Thruster, 5 reps
65lb Hang Power Clean, 7 reps
65lb Sumo Deadlift High-pull, 10 reps

Results: 8 rounds + 5,7
Previous best: 5 rounds + 5,7 @ 90lbs (5 Nov 08)

I'm not going to make much attempt to compare today's results to the last time I did this at a much higher weight. I probably could have safely gone up to 75lbs, but again, no need to risk further back injury, especially with three compound movements. I had a goal of getting eight rounds in, but I knew that was setting a low goal. I probably could have upped the intensity and completed 10 rounds. Good workout, but I could have done it better.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
"What we're trying to do is get things fixed, not allow them to stay broke."

No comments:

Post a Comment