Sunday, July 26, 2009

Randy

Workout 26 July 2009:

"Randy"
Power Snatch, 75 reps, 45lbs, for time

Results: 9'30
Previous best: none

Since I've been working on my snatch a bit recently now that my back is improving, I figured this new workout would be a good way to get some practice in. My goal was to complete it in less than 10 minutes, so I'm happy with the time. The full version of "Randy" is 75lbs, but since I'm still working on form, I used just the barbell. Overall, my snatch is still limited by poor flexibility, but a light-weight power snatch (where you don't catch the bar in as low a position as a regular snatch) is not affected as much. It's always a good workout when you're lying on the ground for five minutes afterwards catching your breath.

If you can't power snatch a 45lb barbell, use a women's barbell, a long piece of PVC pipe, or a broom handle. Just get something over your head!

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
"It is not necessary to bump the shins with the bar, or dig a ditch in the shins on the way up. Good control of the weight is necessary to avoid this, and it should be avoided or sores get established on the shins that will be a problem for a long time - every time the trainee deadlifts he will break the sore open and make a big mess on his socks or worse, the bar."

No comments:

Post a Comment