Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hang Power Snatches

Workout 19 July 2009:

Hang Power Snatch, ten sets of one rep

Results: 65/75/85/95/95/95/95/95/100/100lbs
Previous best: none

My biggest disadvantage when it comes to the Olympic lifts, and snatches in particular, is poor flexibility. Although I've recently made some decent gains in flexibility, those are quickly going away since I don't have enough time to include the foam rolling and PNF stretching I was able to do daily for a couple of months. The result of this inflexibility is that I cannot move myself quickly enough into an optimal catch position for the lifts. End result, I can't lift very much weight. I also don't trust my back enough yet to go heavy on such a dynamic and explosive lift. Regardless, even though I muscled up a couple of the lifts, this was still a good workout for developing explosive strength.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
On dropping the bar without guiding it down:

"Why would you treat the barbell that way? The barbell is your friend."

No comments:

Post a Comment