Thursday, July 9, 2009

Muay Thai and Squats

Workout 9 July 2009:

Muay Thai training and conditioning, 30 minutes

Back Squat, seven sets of one rep

Results (squats) 185-185-185-195-205-205-205
Previous best: no prior 1x7, 1RM is 275lb (18 Feb 08)

I started out with the Muay Thai training. I was exhausted from work and perhaps a little delirious, so I only went at about 90% intensity. I worked primarily on power punch combinations and finished with the triple punch pyramid like last time. I'm going to keep doing that until I stop hating it.

I'm still cautious about going very heavy with the squats, but I lifted about 75% of my previous max without aggravating my back too much, so it's still slowly healing.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
"Am I offending anyone right now? No? Well, that's unfortunate."

No comments:

Post a Comment