Friday, July 10, 2009

Bench Press

Workout 10 July 2009:

Bench Press, five sets of five reps

Results: 5x5 at 170lbs
Previous best: 5x5 at 175lbs (13 Mar 09)

I originally planned to do this workout at 175lbs to match my previous best but decided that since I was tired and doing it alone, it would be safer to scale back 5lbs. That way there would be no failed reps or a trip to the hospital. I spend enough time there.

The 170lbs felt very heavy. Whether this is just strength loss for not having benched in a month or just being generally tired, I cannot say. Next time, I'll probably start at 170lbs again and if it feels good, I'll increase to 175 mid-set.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
"I recommend against a wooden squat rack for much the same reason that I recommend against a wooden car."

No comments:

Post a Comment