Sunday, September 20, 2009

Nate

Workout 20 September 2009:

"Nate"
Rounds in 20 minutes:
2 Muscle-ups
4 Handstand Push-ups
8 45lb Dumbbell swings

Results: 7+2,4
Previous best: 6 rounds (60lb dumbbell, 12 Dec 08)

This workout is traditionally done with a ~72lb kettlebell but I scaled back to keep my back safe. I probably could have used a 60lb dumbbell like last time, but it's not worth the risk. I probably could have hustled a bit more and got in the last eight swings to complete eight full rounds, but my strength was the overall limiting factor today. I had a hard time cranking out the HSPU from about round four onward. It's mostly because my upper body was shot from yesterday's workout. For the sake of completion, I did the final eight swings, but didn't count them toward my results since it was after 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment