Friday, September 4, 2009

800 meters

Workout 4 September 2009:

Four rounds, each for time of:
800m run

Rest as desired between efforts

Results: 2'50 / 3'04 / 3'07 / 3'12
Previous best: 3'00 / 3'04 / 3'23 / 3'20 (23 Apr 09)

I'm happy with today's improvement compared to last time although I made a few changes. I ran outside today and used the Pose running technique in my Vibrams whereas last time I ran on an indoor track in running sneakers. The Pose technique is more efficient than typical heel-strike running and my times reflected that. I was able to run faster and was able to recover a bit more quickly than last time. I rested 4-6 minutes between attempts compared to 5-7 minutes in April. While I'm sure my Pose technique is far from excellent, I'm continuing to get more comfortable with it. As a warning to anyone thinking about trying it out, start slowly. Your feet and calf muscles need time to adapt.

Due to time constraints, I probably won't include many more Rippetoe Quotes of the Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment