Sunday, September 27, 2009

Double Unders

Workout 27 September 2009:

Time for 150 Double-unders

Results: 5'02
Previous best: none

I was actually going to do clean and jerk singles today, but I think the rowing yesterday tweaked by back a bit. Nothing major, but enough that I don't want to risk doing anything heavy today. Should be good as new by tomorrow.

As easy as it sounds, this workout sucks. I may have taken only five minutes, but the last four minutes were painful. Although I tripped up several times, I also did a number of sets of 20+ jumps in a row. I'm learning to relax a bit more and to breathe.

I also did a non-timed cool down of 250 singles including boxer jumps, side-to-side jumps, and one-legged jumps. Almost seemed simple compared to the previous 150.

If double-unders are (relatively) new to you, use this as a skills session and don't worry so much about the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment