Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Immortal

Workout 11 August 2009:

For time:
Back squat 10,000lbs

Results: 11'45 (100 reps of 100lbs)
Previous best: none

Somehow I started talking about the Persian Immortals at work today and decided to come up with a quick workout named after them. They were an elite fighting force kept as a constant strength of exactly 10,000 men, hence squatting 10,000lbs.

I set an unrealistic goal of 10 minutes for this workout. I'm actually pleased to have finished in under 12 minutes. I was able to do 10 sets of 10 reps each time without failure, though the last 20 reps were difficult.

It's entirely possible I will not be able to walk tomorrow.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
In response to the question:
"When training an unconditioned person, how long do you suggest waiting before putting weight on the bar?"

Rip's reply: "About 3 or 4 minutes."

No comments:

Post a Comment