Saturday, August 8, 2009

Hopper

Workout 8 August 2009:

Rounds in 20 minutes of:
5 Bench press, 145lbs
10 Sit-ups
15 Double unders

Results: 9 rounds
Previous best: none

This was a new workout I made to get in some heavy lifting, but also have a bit of a metabolic stimulus. Unfortunately, I dogged the first 10 minutes and only got in four rounds. I made up for it with five rounds in the second half, but should have been able to get 10 rounds total. I did end up doing 10 rounds, but the last one was after the 20 minutes were complete. I should be able to hit at least 10 next time.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
In reply to the following question:

"Coach, I train a few elite swimmers that can't even do a single pushup. What do you recommend for such an athlete?"

Rip: "Swimming ain't much of a sport, is it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment