Sunday, August 16, 2009

Core

Workout 16 August 2009:

Rounds in 20 minutes of:
10 Wallball shots, 15lb ball
10 GHD Sit-ups
10 Back extensions

Results: 7.33 rounds
Previous best: none

Another new workout. I did this one since I haven't done any core-centric workouts in awhile. I took this one very easy since the GHD sit-ups could easily throw out my back if not careful. I easily could have done more rounds had I not been careful with the sit-ups. Once my back is better, I should be able to do at least 10 rounds.

If you can't do this many GHD sit-ups or are new to the movement, decrease the number done per round or substitute regular sit-ups.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
When asked about dealing with knee pain, Rips answers:

"How bad is the pain? On a scale of 1 - 10, with one meaning no perception of pain at all to 10 meaning the sensation of having all of your skin pulled off and then being rolled in salt as you writhe in unspeakable agony."

No comments:

Post a Comment