Sunday, November 29, 2009

5K

Workout 29 November 2009:

Run 5K

Results: 25'05 (treadmill, 1% incline)
Previous best: 22'15 (1%, 30 Nov 08)

Looks like I'm about 15% slower now than I was about this time last year. Although today's run was faster than my last 5K run (27'19, outdoors, on 15 Aug), it was a struggle to get through it. I was hoping to go at about an 8mph pace but only made it about 1.25 miles before I had to intermittently drop down to 7mph for short distances. I was never really out of breath, but just couldn't keep pace. It was a sorry run for me, but definitely a good kick in the pants and a realization I need to work harder on my metcons.

December's rotation is supposed to be a bit easier than this month which absolutely drained me. Hopefully I'll fit in more workouts, and be able to push harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment