Sunday, November 15, 2009

Michael

Workout 15 November 2009:

"Michael"
Three rounds for time of:
Run 800 meters
50 Back Extensions
50 Sit-ups

Results: 27'50 (Abmat sit-ups)
Previous best: 24'54 (21 Nov 08, regular sit-ups)

I haven't done this workout since my back injury due to the high volume of back extensions. It's one of my favorite workouts, so I was glad to get back to it today. I'm not thrilled about the time being almost three minutes slower, but it's partly justified. I was pretty tired, so I couldn't do the runs as quickly (which were, as usual, done on a treadmill with a 1% incline). More importantly, I did the sit-ups with my Abmat, which certainly ate up more time since they're more difficult. Now that I know I can safely do this workout, I hope to bring my time back down quickly. I was excited to be able to do all 50 back extensions in only one set on the final round. It's been awhile since I've been able to do that.

When doing this workout, it's important to do all the back extensions before moving on to the sit-ups. You can certainly break up the 50 reps into more manageable sets, but no switching back and forth with the sit-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment