Friday, January 28, 2011

Skillz

Over the past week or so, I've achieved a number of "firsts" of which I'm particularly proud.

Rope climb:
Last Saturday (22 January), I successfully climbed a nearly 15-foot knotless rope for the first time (actually, twice). I don't know how to use my feet, so the climbs were just with my arms.

Box jump:
On Tuesday (25 January), a bunch of us were trying max height box jumps. I was able to easily hit a 42" box jump (nearly 2/3 my height). I also jumped to 36" with a 20lb weight vest.

Ring handstand push-up:
Finally, earlier this week, I tried to do a ring handstand push-up but failed miserably. After some focused skill work the rest of this week, I attempted another ring HSPU today (28 January) and although ugly, I nailed it.

A few other specific goals for the next few months are a 300lb back squat and being able to perform a front lever on the rings and a flag. As I achieve these goals or have any other significant accomplishments, I'll post them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment